Tuesday, January 19, 2010
2010 Challenge........ Fabric
Announcing our 2010 Challenge:
Drum Roll Please.......
2010 Challenge Fabric
Your challenge this year is to use this gorgeous batik fabric!
* Any project of your choosing: Block, Journal Quilt, Quilt, 3D Project, etc.
* You may use a published pattern, or design your own.
* You may use any construction method of your choice: Rotary Cut, Paper Piece, Applique, Machine Piece, Hand Piece, etc.
* You may add as many fabrics as you like, as long as you use some of the Challenge Fabric pictured above on the front side of your quilt.
* As always, you are encouraged to try something new, step outside of your comfort zone (but this is not a requirement of the challenge this year).
* You are also encouraged to take photographs of your work in progress, and jot down notes of your thoughts along the way. (these are helpful when you reveal your project).
* You may purchase 2010 Challenge Fabric from LuAnn:
$2.50 Fat Quarter
$5.00 Half Yard
If you absolutely love this fabric and want more, it can be purchased at JanniLou Creations Quilt shop in Philomath (while supplies last).
This is your opportunity to grow as a quilter, to challenge yourself and create something new.
December 13, 2010
HVQ Quilters Holiday Luncheon
Our Comfort Quilts and Raffle Quilts are created with donated Fabrics, Battings and Threads.
If you would like to donate cotton fabrics or other materials to this worthy cause, please contact LuAnn Kessi email@example.com
Everything is Better when it is Quilted,
The Harlan Valley Quilters