Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Messy Painted Aprons...


The Harlan Valley Quilters are creating

Messy Painted Aprons



We do LOVE painting on canvas!




Messy Painted Apron





The gang's all here!





Acrylic Craft Paints





Found Objects and Stamps



Let the FUN begin!

We will be painting 5 layers on the canvas today:


Layer 1.....Rolling on 
light color paints...





Layer 1......DONE!




Layer 2.....Stamping with 
Found Objects





Choosing a found object 
to stamp with...



Medium colors of paint for Layer 2


Layer 2.....DONE!





Layer 3......Foam Stamps





Dark color paints for Layer 3





Layer 3....DONE!





Layer 4....Rubber Stamps



Only Black & White paint for Layer 4:


Layer 4...DONE!



Layer 5:  Black and White Paint Pens


Layer 5:  all of the details are added with the pens
































Along with the canvas aprons...


we painted a piece of canvas.





Close-Up view shows the detail work

created with the 

black and white paint pens.



Here is the BEFORE shot:




Here is the AFTER shot:


Messy Painted Aprons...

FUN for the whole group!




Invite your friends over and Play!



Everything is Better when it is Quilted,

The Harlan Valley Quilters

6 comments:

  1. Llego desde ARGENTINA, para decirte que me enamore de todos los delantales pintados, UN LUJO CON MUCHO COLOR, MUCHA ALEGRIA, SUPER MODERNOS, FELICITACIONES A TODAS TUS ALUMNAS PORQUE SE LO MERECEN, han echo un bello trabajo con cosas simples, buen gusto para que cada detalle o dibujo se destaque, la verdad me impacto lo fácil que es hacerlo y lo bello que quedan.
    Desde SALTA, ARGENTINA, te dejo mi amistad, por si quieres ser mi amiga y una saludo fraternal a todas tus alumnas, FELICITACIONES A TODAS.
    Desde SALTA, ARGENTINA, te dejo mi amistad por si quieres ser mi amiga , un abrazo a tus alumnas , desde ya mi casita virtual es tu casa, cuando quieras pasar por ella seras BIENVENIDA, una abrazo GRACIELA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanks for your comments!

      LuAnn


      Translation: I came from ARGENTINA, to tell you that I fell in love with all the painted aprons, A LUXURY WITH MUCH COLOR, A LOT OF JOY, SUPER MODERN, CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL YOUR STUDENTS BECAUSE THEY DESERVE IT, they did a beautiful job with simple things, good taste for every detail or drawing stands out, the truth is that it impacts me how easy it is to do it and how beautiful it is.
      From SALTA, ARGENTINA, I leave you my friendship, in case you want to be my friend and a fraternal greeting to all your students, CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL.
      From SALTA, ARGENTINA, I leave you my friendship if you want to be my friend, a hug to your students, from now on my virtual house is your house, when you want to go through it you will be WELCOME, a hug GRACIELA

      Delete
  2. Well you have made my mind up for me. I'll be painting an apron soon!! Thanks for this great tutorial. Love how they all turned out and I bet it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love how these turned out!!! Looks like everyone had a blast making them and now they get to wear them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you seal the paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to seal up the paint. I have been painting canvas for years and the paint wears very well....no need for any type of sealant.

      LuAnn

      Delete