Thursday, February 18, 2016

Comfort Quilts......Disappearing 9 Patch



The first Monday of each month we create 

Comfort Quilts




We are making disappearing 9 patch quilts today...






Ralph, the Quilt Palace Cat






36 inch 9 patch block

This large block will be cut into quarters 

to make 4 separate blocks






The blocks are now cut into sections...

we are ready to begin designing lap quilts.






The first lap quilt top is sewn together....

these go really fast!






I think we will have enough blocks 

to make at least 6 lap size quilts.






2 more quilts on the design wall 

ready to stitch together.


More to come in March!



Everything is Better when it is Quilted,

The Harlan Valley Quilters


1 comment:

  1. I love the colors! I never thought of using bigger blocks of fabric to start with. I love reading this blog, it teaches me so much! Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete